Initial Release: 2006
Current Edition: 2nd, 2008
Publisher: Canadian Network for International Surgery
This course will assist children age nine and older to become agents of peace and reconciliation in their communities. The course consists of eleven learning areas which focus on developing positive attitudes towards peace and the practical skills to prevent and resolve conflicts through nonviolent means in order to create a peaceful society.
The goals of the course are:
- Instil the values of living and working cooperateively with tolerance, respect and caring for others in the community.
- Develop responsible citizens who are the center and agents of peace.
- Inform children about the dangers of violence and how to prevent and resolve disputes.
- Develop self-discipline and good manners.
- Eliminate violence and bullying in schools.
- Instill a culture of resolving conflicts peacefully through reconciliation, nonviolence and good values.
The eleven learning areas included in the course are:
5. Anger and Anger Management